Restful Activities // February
And now here we are on the other side. We made it through. It's February! Our home renovations are almost finished, and the ground has thawed enough to count on time outside every day. I feel myself relaxing, my chest loosening, my breathing normalizing. February brings Valentine's Day, my birthday (I'm turning 35! 😱), and our home team going to the Super Bowl. Things are looking up around here!
This month's activities have a big dose of red and pink, lots of treats to share, projects to make with loved ones in mind, and as many heart-shaped things as possible. We're going all-in cheerful over here. Enjoy!
- Make sugar cookie dough, cut into shapes, and bake
- Frost sugar cookies
- Deliver cookies to friends and neighbors!
- Decorate the mantle with our heart garland
- Set out our favorite February picture books
- Send Grandma a birthday card
- Make valentines for grandmas, aunts, and cousins
- Pack heart-shaped sandwiches in lunchboxes
- Top every food possible with pink and white sprinkles (toast, yogurt, waffles, PB sandwich, etc.)
- Print photos of us with our favorite people
- Make photo albums or decorate bulletin boards with above pictures
- Exchange family valentine gifts (wrap mine in our red and gold playsilks)
- Address class valentines at the table
- Eat heart-shaped pancakes and strawberries for breakfast
- Make chocolate fondue
- Sprinkle a bowl of popcorn with red and pink M&Ms
- Make a Valentine snack board
- Arrange a vase of pink tulips for the table
- Eat family dinner by candlelight
- Make a Valentine snack mix: some mixture of pretzels, Chex, marshmallows, teddy grahams, M&Ms, dried strawberries, dried cranberries, chocolate chips, etc.
- Take a Love Languages quiz at the table and share our answers (planning to use this one)
- Cover the table using a big roll of paper and doodle together
- Make mini chocolate muffins
- Read about St. Valentine and why we celebrate Valentine's Day (trying this book and this book this year)
- Set out paper and pens to write kind notes to family members; leave for them to find
Find my favorite picture books to read in February here,
a reminder of what you may find at the farmers market this time of year here,
and some seasonal dinner ideas here.